Beauty and the Beast
Directed by Becca Coolong
Music Direction by Devon Bakum – Choreography by Krista Brueno
AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD AT THE BROAD BROOK OPERA HOUSE, 107 MAIN STREET, BROAD BROOK CT.
CONTACT THE DIRECTOR AT BECCACOOLONG@GMAIL.COM WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
Children's Auditions (Age 10-15)
Sunday June 10th at 4:00pm.
Seeking a small number of children for Chip and 2-4 ensemble.
Please be prompt as we will begin with a dance call and will finish with some readings and singing.
Adult Auditions (Age 16+)
Sunday, June 10 at 6pm and Tuesday, June 12 at 7 pm.
Please be prepared to stick around after your initial audition is finished.
A dance call will be held following the cold readings.
Callbacks (All Ages) ~ Wednesday June 13th at 7:00pm
When auditioning, please make yourself available for callbacks. You will be notified via email if you are needed to return for callbacks. Please also note that even if you are not required for callbacks, you may still be cast in this production.
Rehearsals will begin in August. Exact date is not determined yet.
Regular rehearsal schedule will be Monday, Wednesday, Tuesday.
Not all actors will be needed at every rehearsal, but please anticipate being needed for every rehearsal when organizing your personal schedule.
Beauty and the Beast will be the Opera House Players first show at our new location at 100 High St, Enfield CT.
November 2nd – November 25th There are 12 performances for this show.
Fridays & Saturdays will be evening performances, Sundays will be our matinee performances. Please note that our Set Strike will be held following the final performance.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
- Please prepare 16-32 bars of a song in the style of the show - nothing from the show please.
- An accompanist will be provided by the theatre. Please bring your own sheet music.
- Singing to tracks or a cappella will not be allowed.
- Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear for dancing.
From Our Director:
- All roles are available for casting.
- Bring a headshot / resume if you have one.
- Be prepared to do cold readings from the script and to stay for a short dance call.
- Please note, the readings are not specific to the characters you may be considered for but are general examples of language from the show.
- Please be prepared to outline possible rehearsal conflicts. The standard rehearsal schedule will be Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays but there may be a need to select other days so we will be looking for all conflicts from August through November.
- Please note that any conflicts given to production staff after rehearsals have begun may or may not be excused. These will be determined at the discretion of the director.
Belle Age 18-25
A vibrant, intelligent girl with beauty, who wants more out of the life than an ordinary existence. She is optimistic, fun-loving, caring, and eager to experience life.
Vocal range top: F5. Vocal range bottom: E3
Beast Age 20-40
A Prince transformed into a terrifying beast for his lack of compassion. He is hot-tempered and commanding, but has a warm, loving heart buried far beneath his gruff exterior.
Vocal range top: F4. Vocal range bottom: A2
Gaston Age 20-40
The egotistical, ultra-masculine villain determined to marry Belle. He is manipulative yet charming and earnest.
Vocal range top: E4. Vocal range bottom: A2
Maurice Age 40-70
Belle's loving, eccentric father. A child at heart and inventor in his own world.
Vocal range top: Db4. Vocal range bottom: Bb2
Cogsworth Age 30-60
A tightly-wound, enchanted mantle clock and the head of the Beast's household. He is uptight, strict, and punctual but also hard-working, faithful, and thorough.
Vocal range top: E4. Vocal range bottom: A2
Mrs. Potts Age 40-70
A warm-hearted, maternal enchanted teapot. She is loyal, caring, and playful.
Vocal range top: G5. Vocal range bottom: F#3
Lumiere Age 25-45
A suave, debonair enchanted candelabra. He is a loyal and steadfast servant.
Vocal range top: F#4. Vocal range bottom: F#2
Chip Age 7-10
An enchanted teacup and Mrs. Potts' darling little boy. He is innocent, playful, and bright-eyed.
Vocal range top: F5. Vocal range bottom: A3
Babette Age 20-40
A saucy, enchanted feather-duster, and the object of Lumiere's affections. She is the playful, gorgeous, seductive French maid.
Vocal range top: F5. Vocal range bottom: C4
Madame De La Grande Bouche Age 30-50
A former opera diva-turned-enchanted wardrobe. She has a caring, refined, larger than life personality.
Vocal range top: D5. Vocal range bottom: C#4
Lefou Age 20-40
Gaston's bumbling sidekick. He is loyal, energetic, and optimistic, but not quite the brightest guy.
Vocal range top: F#4. Vocal range bottom: B2
Monsieur D'arque Age 35-75
The scheming proprietor of the local insane asylum. He is a dark, sinister villain who aides Gaston in his plot to marry Belle. Vocal range top: A4. Vocal range bottom: D3
Ensemble Age 10-100
Wolves; Enchanted Objects; Townspeople