Auditions for Matilda
~ Seeking performers in their late teens to early 20s ~
DIRECTED BY BECCA COOLONG
MUSIC DIRECTION BY DEVON BAKUM
CHOREOGRAPHY BY KRISTA BRUENO
AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD AT 100 HIGH STREET, ENFIELD CT
CONTACT THE DIRECTOR AT BECCACOOLONG@GMAIL.COM WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
TUESDAY JULY 9TH AT 6PM.
PLEASE BE PROMPT. WE WILL BEGIN THE AUDITION WITH A DANCE CALL FOLLOWED BY COLD READINGS AND VOCALS.AUDITION REQUIREMENTS ARE LISTED BELOW. PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS AN ADULT PRODUCTION AND WHILE THERE ARE CHILDREN IN THE SHOW, THERE WILL BE LATE REHEARSALS, ESPECIALLY AS WE NEAR OPENING.
Rehearsals will begin in August. Exact date is not determined yet.
Regular rehearsal schedule will be Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday.
Not all actors will be needed at every rehearsal, but please anticipate being needed for every rehearsal when organizing your personal schedule. Even after the schedule is set, we ask you to do your best to leave those days clear in case of schedule changes.
*Sunday Matinees @2pm
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
–We are looking for performers in their late teen and early 20s to play a multitude of characters including students, parents, and Russian Mafia Members.
-Please prepare 16-32 bars of a song in the style of the show - nothing from the show please.
– An accompanist will be provided by the theatre. Please bring your own sheet music.
– Singing to tracks or a cappella will not be allowed.
– Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear for dancing.
From Our Director:
– Bring a headshot / resume if you have one.
– Be prepared to do cold readings from the script and to stay for a short dance call.
– Please note, the readings are not specific to the characters you may be considered for but are general examples of language from the show.
– Please be prepared to outline possible rehearsal conflicts. The standard rehearsal schedule will be Sunday’s, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays but there may be a need to select other days so we will be looking for all conflicts from August through November. Schedules are subject to change and we ask for transparency and flexibility.
– Please note that any conflicts given to production staff after rehearsals have begun may or may not be excused. These will be determined at the discretion of the director. Please make sure you have checked all school schedules, field trips, dance recitals, school concerts, vacations, work conferences, other production schedules that involve you, etc. While you are a volunteer in this, please understand that this is a serious commitment and your attendance impacts many many people. We have to work around the schedules of dozens of people and each unexpected conflict makes a difference!